YubiKey 5 FIPS Series
FIPS 140-2 validation enables government agencies and regulated industries to meet the highest authenticator assurance level 3 (AAL3) requirements from the new NIST SP800-63B guidance.
FIPS 140-2 validated security keys
FIPS 140-2 validated (Overall Level 1 and Level 2, Physical Security Level 3) Meets the highest authenticator assurance level 3 (AAL3) of NIST SP800-63B guidance.
Easy, fast, reliable
Hardware authenticator, offering one-touch strong authentication. Does not require a battery or network connectivity.
Reduces IT costs
Reduces password support incidents by 92% and dramatically lowers IT support costs.
Need to deploy MFA per President Biden’s Executive Order on Improving the Nation’s Cybersecurity? Yubico can help you meet the 180 day deadline with DOD approved strong authentication.
The YubiKey 5 FIPS Series
Choose from six different YubiKey models depending on your needs. The keychain model is designed to go anywhere on a keychain. The Nano model is small enough to stay in the USB port of your computer. Multiple form factors with support for USB-A, USB-C, NFC and Lightning.
The series at a glance
YubiKey 5C NFC FIPS
Slim USB-C form factor with NFC capabilities and easy to carry on a keychain
YubiKey 5 NFC FIPS
Slim USB-A form factor with NFC capabilities and easy to carry on a keychain
YubiKey 5Ci FIPS
Dual connector capabilities supporting USB-C and Lightning
YubiKey 5C FIPS
Slim USB-C form factor for easy to carry on a keychain
YubiKey 5 Nano FIPS
Slim USB-A form for semi-permanent installation and convenience
YubiKey 5C Nano FIPS
Ultra-slim USB-C form factor for semi-permanent installation and convenience
NIST | National Institute of Standards
Cryptographic module validation for YubiKey
Cryptographic module validation testing is performed using the Derived Test Requirements [DTR] for FIPS PUB 140-2, Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules. The DTR lists all of the vendor and tester requirements for validating a cryptographic module, and it is the basis of testing done by the CST accredited laboratories.
Choice of form factor
- All YubiKey 5 FIPS Series security keys include same functionality
- The YubiKey 5 FIPS Series offers a choice of keys designed for USB-A, USB-C, NFC and Lightning
- YubiKey 5 NFC FIPS features a slim USB-A form factor with NFC capabilities and easy to carry on a keychain
- YubiKey 5C NFC FIPS features a slim USB-C form factor with NFC capabilities and easy to carry on a keychain
- YubiKey 5Ci FIPS features dual connector capabilities supporting USB-C and Lightning for use with the range of iOS devices you love, and easy to carry on a keychain
- YubiKey 5 Nano FIPS features a slim USB-A form for semi-permanent installation and convenience
- YubiKey 5C Nano FIPS features an ultra-slim USB-C form factor for use with the latest Mac, PC, and Android computing devices
- Supported protocols: FIDO2/WebAuthn, FIDO U2F, smart card (PIV), Yubico OTP, OATH-TOTP, OATH-HOTP, and Challenge Response
- Works on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Chrome OS operating systems, and on major browsers
- PIV smart card compatible, minidriver available on Windows
- Support for PKCS#11
- Crypto Algorithms: RSA 2048, ECC p256, ECC p384
- Hardware secure element to protect cryptographic keys