YubiKey FIPS Series
FIPS 140-2 validation enables government agencies and regulated industries to meet the highest authenticator assurance level 3 (AAL3) requirements from the new NIST SP800-63B guidance.
FIPS 140-2 validated security keys
FIPS 140-2 validated (Overall Level 2, Physical Security Level 3.) Meets the highest authenticator assurance level 3 (AAL3) of NIST SP800-63B guidance.
Easy, fast, reliable
Hardware authenticator, offering one-touch strong authentication. Does not require a battery or network connectivity.
Reduces IT costs
Reduces password support incidents by 92% and dramatically lowers IT support costs.
The YubiKey FIPS Series
Choose from four different YubiKey models depending on your needs. The keychain model is designed to go anywhere on a keychain. The Nano model is small enough to stay in the USB port of your computer. Choose between USB-A or USB-C.
NIST | National Institute of Standards
Cryptographic module validation for YubiKey
Cryptographic module validation testing is performed using the Derived Test Requirements [DTR] for FIPS PUB 140-2, Security Requirements for Cryptographic Modules. The DTR lists all of the vendor and tester requirements for validating a cryptographic module, and it is the basis of testing done by the CST accredited laboratories.
Choice of form factor
- All YubiKey FIPS Series security keys include the same functionality.
- The YubiKey FIPS Series offers a choice of keys designed for USB-A or USB-C.
- YubiKey Nano FIPS features a slim USB-A form factor for semi-permanent installation and convenience.
- YubiKey C Nano FIPS features an ultra-slim USB-C form factor for use with the latest Mac, PC, & Android computing devices.
- Supported protocols: FIDO U2F, smart card (PIV), Yubico OTP, OpenPGP, OATH-TOTP, OATH-HOTP, and Challenge-Response
- Works on Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux, Chrome OS operating systems, and on major browsers
- PIV smart card compatible, minidriver available on Windows
- Support for PKCS#11
- Crypto Algorithms: RSA 2048, ECC p256, ECC p384
- Hardware secure element to protect cryptographic keys