YubiKey with LastPass
LastPass may guard the keys to your Kingdoms, but who guards the password vault that holds those keys?
The answer is Yubico’s YubiKey. Integrated with LastPass, the application’s login page is updated with a third field used to provide a second-factor authentication powered by YubiKey.
Once the username and password is entered, the user clicks in the YubiKey field and touches the YubiKey, which enters a One-Time Passcode.
YubiKey fits into the USB port of any computer and works with any operating systems. The device looks like a keyboard to the computer, so no drivers or software need be installed.
LastPass recommends the YubiKey because it is easy to use, significantly increases security, and is a cost-effective multifactor authentication option to implement for both individuals and businesses.
- Works on all major browsers and operating systems, as well as NFC-enabled mobile devices
- Works instantly, no need to re-type pass codes from a device
- Minimized form factor; 3 mm thin, 3 g light
- Practically indestructible; waterproof, crush safe, no battery
- Two slots for multiple configurations: OATH, Challenge-Response, etc.
Benefits of using YubiKey with LastPass:
- Bundled with LastPass Premium and Enterprise licenses
- Up to five YubiKeys can be used on one LastPass Premium account
- For both individual and enterprises users
- Set up & enabled within minutes
- More at LastPass.com
- How can I add a YubiKey to my LastPass account? Please follow these instructions to associate your YubiKey to your LastPass account.
- Where can I find my activation URL? If you bought a LastPass Bundle from our store, your LastPass Premium subscription will be mailed to you in the form of an activation URL. This URL should be mailed to you from our store – if you do not find it, please log in to your account on the store and access your order history.
- Which YubiKeys work with LastPass? Any YubiKey in any form factor (with the exception of the Security Key, which supports U2F only) can work with LastPass, including the standard YubiKey, YubiKey NEO, and YubiKey Edge, as long as the YubiKey is configured with a Yubico OTP. Yubico and LastPass also offer a discounted bundle with YubiKey + LastPass Premium.
- Does the YubiKey work with the LastPass Mobile Device Application? The LastPass Mobile Device Application supports YubiKey two-factor authentication using the YubiKey NEO on Android devices. The YubiKey does not work with the LastPass Mobile Device Application on the iPad/iPhone due to hardware limitations on the Apple devices. For more information, see Introducing LastPass Mobile Support for the YubiKey NEO.
What they are saying? Trusted Nerd: Make your passwords stronger with Yubikey and LastPass