Yubico news and comments on strong two-factor authentication and secure online identity
Announcing v2.3 firmware
November 13, 2012 | Yubico Team | 30 Comments
We have recently released the v2.3 firmware for the standard Black YubiKey, and we expect to have the v2.3 updated standard White YubiKey available in December. The YubiKey Nano has already included the v2.3 firmware for some time, and the production version of the YubiKey NEO will have equivalent functionality as the standard v2.3 when we start to ship them.
So what’s new in the YubiKey v2.3 firmware? The new firmware version adds a number of features we know you will love:
- You can now update non-security related behaviors if the update flag is set (we set the flag by default for the YubiCloud credential). Did you want to switch off the ENTER from being sent at the end of the OTP? You can now do that. Did you want to add an inter-character delay to the OTP? You can now do that. Did you want to add a configuration password? You can now do that.
- Swap configs: if both configs have the update flag set, you can swap them over, so your most used credential is in slot 1.
- Fast Trigger: if you only use a single config, you can now set a “Fast Trig” flag, which emits the OTP as soon as it detects a touch, for even faster OTPs!
- Have a configuration you don’t use very often? You can now make a config dormant – it’s still in the key, but it cannot be activated by touch. Of course, you can also return it from the dormant state (when the Update flag is set)
- Do you use a French keyboard? If you use an OATH credential on a French keyboard, you know you need to hold the shift key before touching your YubiKey to get the digits, as French Keyboards have numeric keys shifted. We now have a flag that uses the Numeric Keypad instead – so no need to use the Shift Key! We currently only recommend this option for French keyboard layouts.
30 Responses to “Announcing v2.3 firmware”
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.