About this Product
- The simplest way to secure your digital life - just tap your YubiKey to authenticate
- Protects more services than any other security key including Microsoft accounts, Gmail, Facebook, LastPass and hundreds of other services
- Extremely durable and secure - The YubiKey is tamper proof, water resistant and crush resistant
- Designed with a sleek and minimalist profile to stay in port and always be easily accessible.
- Fits USB-A ports
The YubiKey 5 Nano is the #1 security key that works with more online services and applications than any other security key. Usernames and passwords are not enough to protect your accounts. Using a security key as a form of two-factor authentication is a simple and proven method for locking down your accounts and keeping them secure.
- Secure your login and protect your account with hundreds of services like Gmail, Facebook, Skype, Outlook, LastPass and more.
- Protect your online accounts from phishing and account takeovers. A YubiKey makes it extremely difficult to gain access or steal your most important files, pictures, emails, and financial information.
- Register easily with hundreds of services. Once registered, each service will simply request you to insert and tap your YubiKey to gain access during login. Simple, convenient, and secure.
- Use the same asymmetric cryptography and strong security used by individuals at 9 of the top 10 technology companies. Yubico pioneered the creation of the FIDO U2F and FIDO2 authentication protocols along with Google and Microsoft. Using the YubiKey, companies have seen zero successful phishing attempts.
The YubiKey 5 Nano is FIDO and FIDO2 certified. It works with Google Chrome or any FIDO-compliant application on Windows, Mac OS or Linux and with applications that provide FIDO, FIDO2, or one-time-password (OTP) support and through Chrome, Firefox, or Edge browsers.
|Hardware Security Key||Simpler, faster, and more secure than SMS or authenticator apps|
|Battery Free||With no batteries or network connectivity required, authenticate anywhere.|
|Sleek||Designed to remain in computer ports so they're always accessible.|
|Securely Manufactured||Made in USA or Sweden and packaged in tamper-evident, safety sealed packaging.|
|Durable||Injection molded, crush resistant and water resistant body.|
|Asymmetric Cryptography||Uses public and private key cryptography.|
|Authentication Methods||Passwordless, Strong Two Factor, Strong Multi-Factor|
|Productivity & Communication||Google Account, Microsoft account, Salesforce.com|
|Password Managers||1Password, Dashlane Premium, Keeper®, LastPass Premium|
|Cloud Storage||Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive|
|Social||Facebook, Twitter, YouTube|
|Design & Durability||Water Resistant, Crush Resistant, No Batteries Required, No Moving Parts|
|Function||WebAuthn, FIDO2 CTAP1, FIDO2 CTAP2, Universal 2nd Factor (U2F), Smart card (PIV-compatible), Yubico OTP, OATH – HOTP (Event), OATH – TOTP (Time), Open PGP, Secure Static Password|
|Certifications||FIDO 2 Certified, FIDO Universal 2nd Factor (U2F) Certified|
|Cryptographic Specifications||RSA 2048, RSA 4096 (PGP), ECC p256, ECC p384|
|Device Type||FIDO HID Device, CCID Smart Card, HID Keyboard|
|Manufacturing||Made in USA and Sweden|
Frequently Asked Questions
|I'm not sure what key is right for me.. Which should I buy?||Before making a purchase, We recommend taking the "Find the right YubiKey" quiz to determine which YubiKey is right for you.|
|What is the difference between all of the keys?||The best resource for comparing YubiKey's is our comparison chart on the Yubico website. You can find that here: The YubiKey 5 Series includes support for the same protocols as the 4 Series with the addition of the FIDO2 protocol. Besides FIDO2, they include FIDO U2F, smart card (PIV), Yubico OTP, OpenPGP, OATH-TOTP, OATH-HOTP, and Challenge-Response. The Security Key Series only has the FIDO2 and U2F protocols.|
|I have an iPhone, which key should I buy?||Yubico’s Mobile SDK for iOS allows for YubiKey 5 NFC support to be easily added by app developers. LastPass was the first to do this.|
|What browsers are compatible with the YubiKey?||
It depends on what protocol the service requires. For OTP (one time password) all major browsers are compatible, including Safari.
FIDO U2F (Universal 2nd Factor) support is dependent on the browser and how the service implemented the integration. Google Chrome will work out of the box, while Mozilla Firefox will need to be manually enabled to support U2F, if supported by the service. Other major browsers have not yet made support for U2F protocol. It's recommended to consult with the service's documentation for a broader understanding of what's specfically supported.
|What if I lose my YubiKey?||For best practice, Yubico recommends having a primary YubiKey and purchasing a backup key just in case one is lost or stolen. A backup key is an additional key that is paired to each individual service to prevent losing access to your existing accounts. It is also recommended to keep your backup key in a safe place such as a safe at home.|
|Where do you ship, how long will it take, and how much will it cost?||
For general shipping information please visit Yubico's Buying and Shipping Information page.
For more specific information, there is a shipping calculator at check out that allows you to choose your preferred shipping method that estimates the cost of shipping and the packages arrival time.
Have more questions? Contact support