YubiKey for Healthcare
Protect sensitive patient data and ensure compliance
YubiKeys provide two factor authentication for healthcare organizations
Easy, efficient, strong authentication ensures compliance—securing highly sensitive patient information and high-assurance transactions.
2FA in Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Protected Patient Data
Email has become the top source of healthcare breaches, according to Modern Healthcare, with 1 out of 7 healthcare employees falling victim to phishing scams (HIPAA Journal). Easily phishable passwords or SMS-based two-factor authentication (2FA) is insufficient for highly sensitive patient information and electronic health records (EHR).
The YubiKey is proven to eliminate phishing and account takeovers. It enables strong passwordless, two-factor or multi-factor authentication of computer and mobile devices. The YubiKey is the added-level of security for high-assurance transactions.
Passwordless authentication in healthcare
With roughly 73% of medical staff sharing passwords (Health IT Security) to save time and access electronic health records, an organization is highly vulnerable to breaches.
The YubiKey offers fast, tap-and-go passwordless login that is 4x faster than login with SMS. Ease-of-use drives user adoption. The YubiKey works for shared workstations and does not require a cellular connection or batteries.
HIPAA two factor authentication
As healthcare is one of the most highly regulated industries in the world, ensuring HIPAA compliant authentication is a critical success factor.
YubiKey enables strong verification of users before providing access to patient data—keeping organizations in compliance with existing and emerging healthcare regulations worldwide.
Case in Point:
ZorgSaam meets the need for remote secure access to medical data
ZorgSaam is a Netherlands-based healthcare provider, specializing in orthopedics, cardiology, pediatrics, obsterics and more
- Citrix Netscaler-based infrastructure already provided access to its secured environment
- Needed a secure authentication solution to secure logins originating from outside this secured environment
- Hardware-based authentication solution chosen to secure all external login requests
- No additional hardware requests
- Key differentiators included high durability, no reliance on batteries or moving parts, and high ease-of-use
- Users have embraced the YubiKey and carry it conviently on key rings
- Adoption accelerated and is in uses by over 3500 employees
- The YubiKey is replacing authentication point solutions across the organization
“…of the employees who receive quarterly training, 24 percent said they write down their user names and passwords…”
“Reports show that ransomware and other cyberattacks are on the rise – and health care is one of the biggest targets”