WebAuthn, a new web authentication standard recently approved by the W3C, finally offers websites, services, and applications stronger multi-factor authentication that is also user-friendly, as well as the opportunity to move away from password-based authentication altogether.
Read this four-part white paper series from Yubico to learn:
- How WebAuthn goes beyond the limitations of passwords while improving security and usability
- Use cases for implementing WebAuthn to provide fast, easy, and secure authentication
- How WebAuthn works with a high-level technical discussion
- The benefits of a hardware security key as a portable root of trust, including account recovery; high-risk or high-value transactions; and more
- How WebAuthn protects against account takeovers by enabling authentication that is more secure than SMS-based authentication