SANS 2021 Password Management and Two-Factor Authentication Methods Survey
Using passwords for authentication has been a scourge in the security industry for a long time. Assuredly when passwords were first birthed, they were adequate to secure systems, but with the rapid movement and growth within IT, they have long since been considered inadequate. There is a growing maturity in organizations’ implementation of security controls as it pertains to using passwords to fight cyber threats, but there is still work to be done.
Read this report to gain insights from the survey including:
- How password managers and MFA support each other
- The various meanings of passwordless according to respondents
- The types of MFA being used by survey respondents
- The types of MFA solutions that were in place when breaches occurred
- Considerations for how solutions can be effectively covered behind MFA