Windows Software Engineer
Seattle, WA or Palo Alto, CA
Yubico seeks the next team member for our Engineering team: an experienced software developer with a deep knowledge of Windows and Windows networks with an eye for user experience and a passion for security.
You’ll be working on applications, drivers, and integrations that enable the more than a billion windows users worldwide to benefit from Yubico’s hardware security devices. Use your passion, insights, and technical skills to help us create a more trusted internet!
Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Develop user friendly, cross-platform (Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Linux) desktop applications, server software, mobile apps, web services, and drivers
- Create mockups, create prototypes, and refine your work based on user feedback, industry standards, and business needs
- Design, propose, and build solutions to help Windows desktop, mobile, and server users – standalone or network bound – take advantage of numerous hardware backed key protocols and interfaces provided by our products: OTP, Challenge Response, PIV SmartCard, U2F, PGP Card, and HSM functionality
Skills & Experience:
- Solid understanding of Windows network authentication systems. This should include Microsoft Certificate Services, cross-platform Kerberos interactions with MIT and/or Heimdal, Azure Active Directory Federation, X.509 Certificate extensions, and similar technologies
- Experience with building user-facing applications (command line, GUI, mobile, web)
- A strong focus on user experience and interaction design
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team – capable of taking initiative and also listening to and truly understanding others even across geographic boundaries
- Experience with languages/technologies such as C#, C, C++, golang, Objective C, and Java
- Experience building software for the Microsoft ecosystem
- An interest in security and familiarity with cryptography
- Experience with integrating/building open source software and the open source community
- At least 8 years of experience working in the software industry
If this sounds interesting to you, and you have many/all of the skills listed, send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.