Technical Project Manager
Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, revolutionized secure logins for 9 of the top 10 internet brands, including Google and Facebook, and for millions of users in 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced software and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). We are a multinational, fast-growing, and profitable company, offering an opportunity to bring your ideas to life with our global team.
As Technical Project Manager you will work across several engineering projects, supporting the teams in structuring the technical work needed to deliver high quality results. You will work closely with our engineering, product management, and customer support teams to ensure that we are all in sync, working towards a common goal in a consistent manner. You will help us set clear expectations and make sure things don’t fall between the cracks. This position requires a highly motivated individual who is comfortable working within a skilled technical environment with rapid changes in requirements, direction, and environment. The successful candidate will be customer-oriented, results driven, possess strong communication skills, and a passion for shipping innovative quality products to secure our customers’ most important digital assets.
- Gather business requirements and drive planning activities;
- Uphold status reporting, and track project progress and other organizational metrics;
- In close collaboration with engineers, establish and improve practices, systems, and tools to empower the team to meet and exceed product engineering and company goals;
- Act as a liaison between the engineering team and other functions within the company to provide visibility into engineering work, and to ensure priorities are aligned with business objectives;
- Perform other duties as assigned or agreed to by Yubico’s engineering leadership.
- Report to the Director of Engineering.
Required Skills & Experience
A successful candidate should meet the following qualification requirements:
- Minimum 3 years work experience in the technology industry
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; able to document specifications, organize material, analyze a wide variety of facts and data to facilitate appropriate decisions
- Experience managing development projects involving geographically diverse teams
- Experience in managing cross-functional efforts across different disciplines and levels of management and experience with a variety of business processes
- Familiarity with Agile Development methodologies and tools
Optional Skills & Experience
A successful candidate may possess one or more of the following experiences:
- Master’s degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Electrical and/or Computer Engineering, or similar fields;
- Experience in information and computer security;
- Knowledge of FIDO standards, smart cards, and cryptography;
- Experience in software release process management;
- Proficiency in the Swedish language.
- Candidate must be able to travel to other offices in Silicon Valley and Seattle
- Start date: immediately
- Hours: Full time
- Competitive salary + Benefits + Stock options
Please apply here.