Senior Legal Counsel
Yubico’s mission is to create a safer internet for everyone. Our core invention, the YubiKey, secures logins for employees for some of the most well-known companies in the world and for additional millions of users in over 160 countries. Collaboration and innovation are at the core of our culture, as we expand to more advanced technology and services for encryption and Internet of Things (IoT). By joining our fast growing, profitable, and multinational company, we offer the opportunity to help contribute and truly make a difference in a company which is at the forefront in developing products and standards which will define a more secure internet for years to come.
Yubico is growing and is now looking for an experienced, business-minded attorney to join our team. This role will focus on commercial matters, but will also support our global, product, engineering, and marketing teams. We are looking for someone who takes initiative and ownership, applies great judgment to provide strategic and pragmatic advice to the business and who has strong communication skills.
This role is a full-time position and is based in our Palo Alto office.
- Focus on providing legal guidance and support to the organization on commercial contracts, product development, compliance with laws and privacy related matters and other legal matters which may arise from time to time
- Define, implement and monitor contractual standards and processes.
- Participate in the development and implementation of policies to support business objectives while reducing operational risk, establishing internal control and ensure compliance with policies and practices as well as relevant laws and regulations in an international setting
- Keep up to date on relevant legislation and coordinate with key business leaders on relevant changes in laws that could affect Yubico business and its group companies.
- Manage, engage and interface with outside legal counsel as appropriate
- Design, build, and improve training programs and legal department processes with a focus on scaling.
Skills & Experience:
- 8+ years of relevant experience (including at least 4 years in-house experience) primarily advising technology companies
- In-depth experience in drafting, negotiating, and managing sales and services contracts, licenses, distributor and reseller agreements and intellectual property agreements
- Experience with product counseling, intellectual property, software licensing, and contracting models, security and data privacy issues, and regulatory frameworks
- Must have excellent training and organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and competing priorities under deadline pressure
- Proven record of collaborating and building strong client relationships in an international environment
- Strong oral and written communication skills, the ability to explain complex issues and concepts in straightforward and easily understandable everyday terms
- Possibility and willingness to travel occasionally to meet with customers or to other our other offices, if needed
- JD from an accredited law school and must be admitted, active and in good standing with the California State bar
Yubico is an affirmative action employer and is committed to the practices of equal opportunity and
affirmative action in all aspects of employment.
Please Apply HERE