Tip: If you have a Security Key, you will not see characters output on the screen (a one-time password) when you press the button on the key. To test your Security Key, go to U2F Registration and Login Demo.
Use the following steps to troubleshoot your YubiKey.
In each of these steps, insert the YubiKey into a USB Port, open a text editor (such as Notepad) and press the button on the YubiKey.
- Use the YubiKey in a different USB port on the same computer.
- Use the YubiKey in a different computer.
Then raise a ticket with Yubico Support and include the following information:
- The output you see on the text editor.
- The behavior of the green LED, both when you insert the YubiKey and when you touch the button.
- The operating systems that were running on your computers.
Posted in: General Support Questions