Yubico offers Yubikeys configured to work Symantec VIP two-factor authentication service, supported by PayPal, eBay, Merrill Lynch, T Mobile, etc. Paypal’s authentication service is currently available only to users registered in Australia, Germany, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Special VIP features
- Pre-configured with a Symantec VIP credential* in slot 1, allowing it to work as a Symantec Security Credential token across supporting sites
- Pre-configured with a standard Yubico OTP credential** in the slot 2, which can be activated by holding the button for 3~5 seconds
* Should not be overwritten, as it can not be recovered. Configurations are password protected using the serial number (laser etched on the reverse of the YubiKey). Configurations are updatable.
**VIP YubiKeys with serial numbers of 1909500 or less require the Yubico OTP to be unlocked by following the VIP Unlock Guide.
- Works instantly, no need to re-type pass codes from a device
- Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Firefox, Chrome, etc
- Identified as a USB-keyboard, no client software or drivers needed
- Minimized form factor; 3 mm thin, 3 g light
- Practically indestructible; waterproof, crush safe, no battery
- Integration within minutes with free and open source server software
- Two slots for multiple configurations: OATH, Challenge-Response, etc
- Manufactured in USA and Sweden with best practice security processes