YubiKey pre-configured for two-factor authentication against Symantec VIP enabled services.
Special VIP features
- Pre-configured with a Symantec VIP credential* in slot 1, allowing it to work as a Symantec Security Credential token across supporting sites
- Pre-configured with a standard Yubico OTP credential** in the slot 2, which can be activated by holding the button for 3~5 seconds
* Should not be overwritten, as it can not be recovered. Configurations are password protected using the serial number (laser etched on the reverse of the YubiKey). Configurations are updatable.
**VIP YubiKeys with serial numbers of 1909500 or less require the Yubico OTP to be unlocked by following the VIP Unlock Guide.
- Works instantly, no need to re-type pass codes from a device
- Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, Firefox, Chrome, etc
- Identified as a USB-keyboard, no client software or drivers needed
- Minimized form factor; 3 mm thin, 3 g light
- Practically indestructible; waterproof, crush safe, no battery
- Integration within minutes with free and open source server software
- Two slots for multiple configurations: OATH, Challenge-Response, etc
- Manufactured in USA and Sweden with best practice security processes
There are many sites that support two factor authentication using Symantec VIP today including PayPal, eBay, Merrill Lynch, T Mobile. Paypal’s authentication service is currently available only to users registered in Australia, Germany, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Where it can be used
If second slot is configured, you can use your YubiKey VIP with other applications.
VIP YubiKeys with serial numbers of 1909500 or less require the Yubico OTP to be activated
VIP YubiKey Unlock Guide