YubiKey pre-configured for two-factor authentication against Symantec VIP enabled services.
Special VIP features
- Pre-configured with OATH One-Time Password, authenticating against Symantec Validation and ID protection (VIP) in slot 1*
- A standard Yubico OTP is dormant in the second identity slot* and can be activated using the YubiKey Personalization Tool
- Works as a Symantec Security Credential token across supporting sites.
* Should not be overwritten, as it can not be recovered. Configurations are password protected using the serial number (laser etched on the reverse of the YubiKey). Configurations are updatable.
- Works instantly, no need to re-type pass codes from a device
- Works on Windows, Mac, Linux, iPad, Firefox, Chrome, etc
- Identified as a USB-keyboard, no client software or drivers needed
- Minimized size; 2 mm thin, 3 grams
- Practically indestructible; waterproof, crush safe, no battery
- Integration within minutes with free and open source server software
- Two slots for multiple configurations: OATH, Challenge-Response etc
There are many sites that support two factor authentication using Symantec VIP today including PayPal, eBay, Merrill Lynch, T Mobile. Paypal’s authentication service is currently available only to users registered in Australia, Germany, Canada, the United Kingdom and the United States.
Where it can be used
If second slot is configured, you can use your YubiKey VIP with other applications.
The YubiKey is loved by Fortune 100 corporations, governments, security geeks, school children, and more than a million individual users in 120 countries.